- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ozs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless, cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Sweet Potato (large, peeled, chopped)
- 1/3 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Carrot (Peeled and chopped into wedges )
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Peeled and chopped into fine pieces )
- 5 1/2 cups Chicken Broth (Home made from low FODMAP Chicken Broth recipe)
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice (dry, rinsed)
- 1/3 cup Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped, for garnish)
- Step 1: Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for five to six minutes or until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2: Add the curry powder, salt, pepper, ginger, carrots and sweet potato. Stir and cook for another two to three minutes. Add the pumpkin purée and low FODMAP chicken broth. Stir, turn the heat to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions.
- Step 4: Remove the lid from the curry pot. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer uncovered for another five minutes or until everything is cooked through. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Step 5: Serve the curry with rice. Top with parsley and enjoy!
- Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Freeze for up to two months.
- Serving Size One serving is approximately two cups.
- More Flavor Add garlic, ginger, and/or spinach.