Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 4 Tbsp olive OR garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onion green tops, finely sliced
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 punnet oyster mushrooms, torn lengthwise into strips
- ½ cup pitted olives (e.g. Kalamata), cut into halves
- 6 skinless chicken thigh cutlets, bone-in, skin and fat removed
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 cup basil or parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oils in a large saucepan or sauce pan over high heat then add and cook (while stirring) all the vegetables (except the oyster mushrooms and olives), spring onion tops, rosemary, oregano, sugar and pepper for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Stir through the chicken pieces, oyster mushrooms, tomato and stock.
- Transfer to a large oven safe casserole dish (or slow cooker dish).
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly (alternatively, cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours).
- Just before serving add olives, fresh basil or parsley and season with salt as desired. Serve with mashed potatoes, cooked rice or a low FODMAP pasta.